2008-01-14

Syvel's, Escolta


syvel's escolta
Originally uploaded by
mocortez61

"masarap mamili ng gamit dyan... sapatos, damit... lahat-lahat... madalas kaming pumunta nun sa fairmart, fair center, plaza fair, isetann at sm sa sta. cruz na carriedo na ngayon at ang sikat na syvels sa escolta..' - Rodem

"my fond memories of escolta consisted of me and my girlfriends walking (yes walking) from mendiola to escolta to buy shoes from syvels. along the way, we take several stops to browse at shops along recto and avenida, but we always ended up buying at syvel's."
- Photo Cache

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my late mother would always talk of Syvels, and I would never understand what was so special about it, this was the 60's and 70's.

Now 3 years after her passing and being buried in California, I now realize that those were her happy days.